Thursday, June 5, 2008

Big Girl Time

With Brian away it is hard to squeeze in alone time for the three girls. They really thrive on having one on one time. Brian's Aunt Mo is flying Lauren and I down to Austin this afternoon for an appointment to see if there are some options to help with her fibromyalgia. We are so grateful for this opportunity. From the information I have received about her appointment they go into great depth when it comes to the human body breaking things down to the cellular level. Wish us luck!...not only at the appointment, but with the flight there. The nerves had set in last night as Lauren started questioning the safety of flying, etc. This will be her first flight that she remembers. The last flight she was when we flew back from Germany when she was a baby. I tried going through the speech of "flying is safer than driving, etc." but she was still worried. She obviously does not have the passion of flying like her Daddy does...of course Brooke was right there telling her that if she didn't want to go she would take her place! Lauren is very excited to have a few days with me by herself. We try to do one on one dates with the girls when Brian is home. Those have been far and few between with him away. It should be a fun weekend.

Brooke will have a fun weekend spending it with Kara at Oma and Opa's house. My Mom is planning to take her to a movie tomorrow afternoon while Kara naps at home. Brooke really thrives on her one on one time. She was asking me this morning when her turn would be to do something alone without her two sisters. I asked her what she would like to do thinking that she would say go to the Dollar Tree, take a bike ride to the park, maybe even go to the zoo...Brooke wants to fly to San Diego! You see they have a zoo in San Diego where you can go in the animal cages and swim with the dolphins. She also said that we could have our own apartment there that we could stay in before we came home...hopefully our one on one time when I get home will not be a huge disappointment for my little monkey!

Kara is mostly just along for the ride on most things, but she is definitely almost 2!!! She is wanting to use the big girl potty quite a bit of the time~I am definitely not complaining about this! The plan of attack for the potty training is to go full force next week. Hopefully by the end of next week we will only need diapers at night!

Well I have procrastinated long enough. I need to finish up a few things around the house along with packing our bags....and I almost forgot~wash the orange tattoos that Kara gave herself with a magic marker at some point while I typed on here...I knew it was too quiet!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

You really have your hands full! It is great that you try to make mommy daughter time, it is hard sometimes. Who has the appt in SA? Your aunt or Lauren?